Welcome, BNY Mellon Retirees!
Get more out of your BNY Mellon health benefits.
Aetna Medicare is pleased to offer BNY Mellon retirees a Medicare Advantage plan that covers everything Original Medicare covers, plus prescription drugs, and many extras. As of January 1, 2014 you have a single medical and pharmacy plan for all of your healthcare needs plus additional benefits to help maintain and improve your health including industry leading care, case, and disease management programs.
Your BNY Mellon Medicare Advantage plan is an Aetna MedicareSM Plan (PPO) with Extended Service Area (ESA).
With this one plan you get comprehensive medical and pharmacy coverage with the following benefits:
- Routine wellness exams, hospitalization and preventive care beyond Original Medicare are covered
- You can visit a doctor or hospital of your choice
- If your doctor or hospital is willing to accept your PPO ESA plan and accepts Medicare Payments but doesn't participate in the Aetna Medicare network, you'll still get covered services at the in-network price
Here are some of the advantages of the BNY Mellon Medicare Advantage plan you can enjoy in 2014:
- Use of in-network or out-of-network providers, both at the in-network cost-sharing amount
- Routine preventive care including annual wellness exams, GYN Care, mammograms, eye and hearing exams
- Assurance that in-network doctors go through a detailed Aetna review process
- No referrals needed for covered services
- Health and wellness programs
- Ability to join the plan no matter what your medical history is, as long as you meet eligibility requirements
- No waiting period for pre-existing medical conditions
- Unlimited coverage for inpatient hospital stays with no copay to you!
- An enhanced Part D plan with coverage for both generic and brand name prescription drugs with no coverage gap plus coverage for medications typically not covered by Part D plans. View covered drugs on our OPEN FORMULARY
- Virtually no claims forms
- Online tools and a 24-hour toll-free health information line
- Coverage for medical emergencies when traveling anywhere in or outside the United States
- Discounts on gym memberships, weight loss programs, vision care, hearing aids and a variety of other products and services
- $1000 every 36 months for Hearing Aid Reimbursements
- $100 every 24 months for Eyewear Reimbursements
As a BNY Mellon Medicare Advantage plan participant, you’re entitled to programs, services, tools and information—all extras—to help protect your health and your health care dollars.
The plan covers preventive care benefits beyond those covered under Original Medicare as well as a variety of value-added services, at no additional cost.
Read about all of the Aetna ExtrasSM included with your plan: View PDF
Health and wellness benefits
You want to look and feel your best for many years to come. So give yourself a healthy advantage with wellness benefits available through the Medicare Advantage plan that includes:
- Aetna Health ConnectionsSM Disease Management - Provides access to individualized clinical programs for diabetes, stroke, heart failure and coronary artery disease. It can help you learn to manage your chronic health conditions and achieve your optimal state of health. Health information programs provide general health information and are not a substitute for diagnosis or treatment by a physician or other health care professional.
- Women's Health Reminders - Get timely screening reminders for breast and cervical cancers
- Informed Health Line - Speak with a registered nurse, 24/7, on health-related issues. You can also access our Audio Health Library to learn about various health conditions in English or Spanish.
- Healthy Lifestyle Coaching - Speak to a licensed professional by phone to develop a specific program based on your health needs; learn how to manage weight and/or stress, quit smoking and maintain good health
- Patient safety through MedQuery® Care Considerations - Flags potential errors and inconsistencies in care and communicates them to the treating physician, improving quality of care and preventing errors
Health and wellness tools
- Aetna Navigator® - This secure members-only tool is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Among its many uses, you can print a temporary ID card, access claims and coverage information and more online.
- Aetna SmartSourceSM - You can get specificinformation based on where you live and your particular health plan
- Aetna InteliHealth® - Here you'll find interactive information from Harvard Medical School, Columbia Dental School and others
- Hypertension program - Provides an automated blood-pressure cuff and feedback to members on how to improve their numbers
- Health risk assessment tools - Assess your health care needs and manage health conditions
- DocFind® - Here you can Locate physicians and hospitals in Aetna's Medicare Advantage network and other participating health care professionals in your area. In DocFind, choose the Aetna Medicare Plan (PPO) on the drop-down menu to find Medicare providers. Search by name, zip code, city, state, specialty and/or hospital affiliation. BNY Mellon plan participants are not limited to Aetna network health care professionals and may go to any provider who is eligible to receive payment under Original Medicare and who accepts the terms and conditions of the Aetna PPO ESA plan.
- Personal Health Record - Keep track of health information online and get tips on alternative therapies
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Fraud Information
- Protect your identity and your benefits (Identity theft prevention tips) - 2 pages, 290 kb
- Reduce Medicare fraud (Protecting Medicare for future generations) - 2 pages, 847 kb
Información de fraude para el Centro de Servicios de Medicare y Medicaid (CMS)